Sunday, August 23, 2009

Off to University!

Today we drove my son, John, to his new school, where he will, for the first time, live on campus. I'm very proud of John. He is an excellent student and has turned out to be a thoughtful, responsible, caring young man. He is very ready to take on whatever new challenges the coming years will bring and he's happy and excited to finally begin to take the classes that he loves and that will put him on the road to his chosen career.

Tomorrow, I know I will remember all the excellent reasons why I'm thrilled for him. But today, I'm sad. The little bird has left the nest and I'm feeling rather lost.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations to John. We wish him success and happiness in his new school. Maria, don't be sad. It is a new day in John's life and a new day in yours.

Angela2932 said...

I'm so glad to be well beyond those initial days of "letting go" and the raw feelings that come with it!