Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tea Bread Tuesday: Maple Pecan Loaf

This is a very similar recipe to the Sour Cream-Maple Bread I posted a few months ago but I didn't realize it until afterwards.  I suppose we are drawn to the same flavors over and over again.

The bread turned out delicious!  The crust was a bit crunchy and gave it a wonderful texture.  The flavor was subtle and the bread was so moist!  This is a good one!

1¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
¾ cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325° F.  Grease and flour a loaf pan or spray it with PAM for Baking.  In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

In a larger bowl beat the butter, add the maple syrup, sour cream and eggs.  Add pecans and slowly incorporate the flour mixture until combined.

Pour into the loaf pan and bake 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool bread in loaf pan for about ten minutes and then invert onto a serving platter.



Yum!

10 comments:

Alison Shuman - Find Real Austin said...

Looks yummy!

Suzy said...

Oh my yumminess!! Looks delicious!

Nicki said...

I like the taste of maple and now that you mention it, I am wondering why I have never sought out any breads or muffins dedicated to that flavor. This looks very moist and yummy.

Reds said...

Mmmm - maple syrup - love the stuff - will have to try this!

Margaret said...

That looks delicious. I bet it smells really good, too! I am hungry. I should have eaten breakfast before I read this post!!! :)

annabelle said...

I love maple and the recipe is so easy I will have to try it :)

Barb said...

I really need to try this also. I think Bob and I would both like it.

Marlis said...

This looks amazingly yummy. with the cooler weather I can feel some baking coming on.. thanks for dropping in with your kind comments.

Entertaining Women said...

Thank you so much for the recipe and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Maria, I came over to see if you are feeling better--I can't find any email for you. Did you try the chocolate cake with Kahlua yet? Next week I'm going to make cosmopolitans with lime juice and I thought of you and all your limes! Looking forward to seeing more of your tea breads. Linda