Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tea Bread Tuesday: Country Applesauce Muffins

I can't quite make up my mind which job would be more fun to have:  Picking out nail polish names for OPI (I'm currently wearing "I'm Not Really a Waitress") or designing paper liners for cupcakes and muffins . . .  Aren't these paper liners fun?


For the muffins I decided to try out my sister-in-law, Barb's suggestion to lower the oven temperature a little bit and cook a little longer (although she was referring to cookie-baking).  It worked beautifully!  The muffins were so moist!  I've also been noticing lately that I'm not too crazy about the taste of cloves.  This recipe didn't call for cloves (unlike other spice cakes I've made recently) and I found the taste more subtle and much more to my liking . . .


I'll make this one again.  Here's the link:  Country Applesauce Muffins

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Both those jobs sound fun. Love the name of your nail polish. So funny. And those paper cups are very cute. Like the tip about cooking at a lower temp for longer. Great idea. I always look forward to seeing what your yummy recipe is on Tuesday. That one definitely sounds delightful yummy. Of course now I'm hungry!! :)

Suzy said...

These look yummy and I love the shot of you holding them to! Always nice to see the cook as well!

Alison said...

Those look yummy!

Nicki said...

I'm not crazy about the taste of cloves and normally reduce the amount in any recipe. I think some of it stems from when I made a clove air freshener for my dad when I was a kid (took an orange and plugged cloves all around it - that thing lasted for years and years and years and.....) and I believe the pungent aroma wore me out on the stuff - but dad loved it. Very nice picture of you with the muffins - self portrait or assisted? Either way - very nice.

Reds said...

Love paper cups - I have got quite a collection! And I too am not crazy about cloves - rather have some cinnamon!

Kathleen said...

Agree on the cloves! Fine in a baked ham.
Muffins look good. Thanks for visiting me too!

Barb said...

Yum! I also love the taste of cloves. I put cloves in my baked beens. I don't know if anyone else does that but my Mom used to. Yes, I was talking about lowering the temperature of the cookies. It is interesting that it worked out for the muffins.

Tricia said...

LOL about your possible career choices! I'm sure you'd do splendidly in either "profession"! Your muffins look scrumptious -- and I saw on another post that you'd just had a birthday, so happy belated birthday! Thanks for your kind comments on my table this week.

Jill said...

That's funny about the career choices! I've always wanted to name roads. I mean, who needs another tree named street, especially when there aren't even any of those types of trees on the road? I'd pick stuff more realistic like "anthill view road".

Very yummy looking muffins!!!!!!!!!

e&ariggs said...

That's my all time favorite nail color :) Muffins look yummy also