Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tea Bread Tuesday: Piña Colada Bread

I like piña coladas, but this bread was just O.K. . . .

It was sweet and moist, but I thought the texture was too coarse (perhaps because of the coconut flakes), and this bread just didn't know what it wanted to be. I couldn't discern any specific flavor. Not bad with a cup of oolong, but, eh . . . I think this one was forgettable . . .

The recipe yielded four mini-loaves, which made them easy to transport to work . . . where my co-workers devoured them!

7 comments:

Meaghan said...

It looks really good and it sounds good but I can see where the flavors would compete. I love that last picture of the sliced bread!

Esther said...

Made my mouth start watering just reading about it. I love coconut! And I'm sure I would be one of those co-workers devouring it...lol! I make Larry take all our desserts to work too, otherwise they would disappear to my hips! :)

Reds said...

Too bad you did't enjoy because it looks moist and tasty! And I do the same with my baking - my coworkers get to taste whatever I bake!! :)

Barb said...

The pictures look great. If you didn't tell us you didn't like it we would never know. :)

Joanne said...

It sure looks good! Sorry it didn't pass muster! I'm sure your coworkers loved them!

Suzy said...

Oh yumminess! I want some!

Nicki said...

It does look yummy, but I'm more of a subtle coconut eater. A little goes a long way.