Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tea Bread Tuesday: Apple Cake

I wanted to try apples on a tea bread, to immerse myself in the season - Apple Loving Season, that is . . . This one came from Ms. Paula Deen. She calls it Uncle Bob's Fresh Apple Cake . . .

It was good: The cake was dense and the Granny Smith Apples provided that sweet-tart combination that seems to work so well in tea breads. It tasted fine at room temperature, but I cut a piece while still warm and . . . it was sublime . . . Hmm . . .

My husband and taster par excellence, Leo, has been rating the breads lately. He rated this one a 7.5 out of 10 points. Then he experimented with a different rating system - 3½ teaspoons out of 5. He is committed to practicing until he gets it just right. What a guy! Here's the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/uncle-bobs-fresh-apple-cake-recipe/index.html

6 comments:

pookiepea said...

It's making my mouth water! Your exposure captures the icing perfectly. Great job!

Yolanda said...

Yum! I bet it smelled heavenly!

Nicki said...

sounds delicious!

Reds said...

Mmmm - apple and cake = I want a piece!! ;)

Angela2932 said...

Lee's got such a tough lot in life, but someone's gotta do it! What a champ! The cake looks like it was formed perfectly, and the icing really does make it photograph beautifully!

Barb said...

I like anything Paula Dean. I even have her cookware.