Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tea Bread Tuesday: Sweet Potato Bourbon Bundt Cake

WARNING:  This cake could become highly addictive.  DO NOT bake unless you have a house full of willing tasters!  It's too dangerous to have this much deliciousness just sitting around your kitchen counter! 

Since this was a trial run for Thanksgiving, we savored a portion for dessert, saved a piece for my husband for breakfast, then packed up the rest and took it to work to share with my co-workers, who didn't lose any time in gobbling it up!

 
Sweet potatoes, bourbon and pecans:  Could anything be more southern?  This bundt cake is very moist to begin with, and then, on top of that, you serve it with a delicious bourbon syrup!  I'd never cooked with bourbon before.  Actually, I had never even tried it.  Wow!  This is strong stuff!  Of course, the alcohol is evaporated in the cooking process so you won't get tipsy!
 
 
Look how the cake glistens with the sugar syrup!  The syrup was brushed on after the cake came out of the oven.  And I love how the pecans show up on the surface of the cake, like little promises of what's waiting inside!  This is a Martha Stewart recipe.  Good ol' Martha, she never disappoints me!  Click here for the recipe.

Thumbs up!  I'll be making this again tomorrow night!  Calling all tasters!

1 comment:

Herd of Elephants said...

This cake looks delicious and I love the cake plate! But actually I have a question about your Spode Delamere dinnerware... I stumbled across your blog looking for images of Delamere, and saw your awesome Thanksgiving tablescape. I've convinced my husband that we need new dinnerware for Christmas and I think that Delamere looks absolutely perfect. My question is about your impression of the depth of the plate rim - in the pictures, it looks unusually deep for a dinner plate. My worry is that it would be all rim, and not a lot of room for food. Do you find this to be the case? I am hoping to purchase Delamere for everyday family use, so we need plenty of room for hungry boys to pile the food on. If you have a chance to reply, I'd really appreciate it!