Here's the recipe:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
2½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup bran flakes cereal (I used Kellogg's All Bran)
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup raisins
1. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl combine the cereal, milk and vanilla extract. Let soak for about 5 minutes.
3. With an electric mixer, add egg, honey and butter to the milk and cereal mixture, mixing thoroughly.
4. Stir into dry ingredients just enough to moisten. Do not over mix.
5. Fold in raisins.
6. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350° F for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from loaf pan and finish cooling on a wire rack. When completely cool, wrap in plastic wrap overnight.