Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Tablescape with a Tuscan Vibe

Here was the inspiration . . .


I yearn to see some day the lovely sight of sunflowers growing under the Tuscan sun . . . Until then, I can enjoy the imagery . . . and bring the flowers into my home . . .


Here was the opportunity:  A reunion with my high school classmates and fellow members of the Cuban Club . . .  I am the one seated second from left, with the diagonally-striped sweater . . .


I hope you enjoy the pictures.  Please turn up your speakers so you can enjoy the music:  Vivaldi's "Estate" from "The Four Seasons . . .




Salt cellars masquerading as wheel barrows . . .






Ahh . . . summer . . .  L'estate!

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  Please stop by to see the creations of these remarkable tablescapers.

14 comments:

Nicki said...

Beautiful flowers, but wait - are those pears at the center? Bee-u-t-ful! Perfect music too.

Reds said...

Your table settings are absolutely beautiful!! So pretty!

Barb said...

It all looks beautiful! I love the picture and chuckled at the girl's plaid pants in the front reminding me of those styles. So, when are we going to Italy again? There is a lot of unchartered territory to explore.

Angela2932 said...

But you haven't told us which one is you yet! I love the little wheelbarrow! Such a sweet touch! Is it sugar?

This is truly beautiful! By the way, you can come see whole fields of sunflowers. . . . right here in Grand Forks! Just on the way to the airport, before you get to the buffalo farm. The sunflowers actually turn their little "faces" to the sun as it moves across the horizon.

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Your table linens are beautiful and complement the sunflowers so nicely! Love the wheelbarrow. :-)

Debby S. said...

Those napkins,tablecloth and napkin rings are wonderful! Im drooling! Love the pears, perfect for theis table!!!

Marlis said...

Goodness this is a lovely table. I love your runner and napkins. Everything looks so pretty and the sunflowers are perfect with it. Great crystal!! xo marlis

Janett said...

It's beautiful! I love the flowers and fruit!

Barbara said...

Beautiful table! I love your napkins and runner (PB?). The sunflowers are so gorgeous. I love Vivaldi's 4 Seasons.

Peggy said...

Those wheelbarrows/salts are so clever! Neat table. Peggy from PA

Jill said...

The wheelbarrow is really cute!

Alycia Nichols said...

Excellent presentation! Your table is so generously proportioned!!! Where on earth did you find a runner long enough for it??!??! I love it! I'm sure your guests enjoyed themselves and appreciated the thought and effort you put into the evening. The photo is great! It's so much fun to look back! Have a good weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful linens look lovely on your table. The pear centerpiece is striking and your flower arrangements are gorgeous. Very nice table setting!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

love everything - especially those linens!