Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tea Bread Tuesday: Almond-Poppy Seed Bread (or Muffins)

These miniature muffins were wonderful, wonderful! Lawrence Welk: Move over! (You have to be over 50 to get the reference). These were a hasty bake and I didn't measure carefully. It didn't matter. This was a very forgiving recipe!

I first poured the batter in a loaf pan, but it looked a little low and I was afraid it would turn out rather flat, so I dug out the mini-muffin pans and used them instead. Not the prettiest muffins I've ever baked, but delicious just the same. Here's the link for the recipe: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/almond-poppy-seed-bread.html

9 comments:

pat said...

That's wunnerful, wunnerful---and I miss the bubbles. (Am I showing my age? LOL) I love almond-poppy seed; may have to try these. They sound delish!

janett said...

Those sound yummy! I'm going to have to try them out!

Reds said...

Love mini muffins - too cute!

Sue Ann said...

I love poppy seed anything. I am always looking for new poppy seed recipes. Almond...now that's a nice change from the lemon we are so used to. Thanks for sharing girl!

Barb said...

Poppy seed muffins are one of my favorites.

Margaret said...

Those look yummy and I love the original way you photographed them.

Angela2932 said...

Little muffin pans are the best invention effort! Cupcakes and muffins, guilt-free. . . because they're so tiny. . . so you can have two. Or three!

This looks like another wonderful recipe!

Nicki said...

I LOVE (insert big heart here) poppy seed muffins. LOVE 'EM! These looks pretty darn good - and I like how you photographed these popping out of the pan. Clever!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

What were the names of those two dancers on Lawrence? Bobby and Susie? Can't remember the names but I do remember them! Cue the bubbles and serve me one of those muffins--they look yummy! Linda