Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A casual dinner with visiting relatives . . .

Sometimes, we choose the palette, and sometimes . . . the palette chooses us! It started with these lovely mini carnations I picked up at the grocery store, followed by contrasting fillers in bright green and deep purple . . .

And, somehow, we ended up with this . . .

I added elements, one by one, using things I already had on hand . . .

It all worked together rather nicely, I think, for this family dinner . . .





This time, it wasn't Lee's name written on the butter . . . he beat his brother to the punch by writing his name before he arrived . . .

And when the dinner was done, I ended up with these delightful window flowers . . .

White dishes - My everyday Apilco, from Williams-Sonoma
Flatware - Costco
Tablecloth - Crate and Barrel, at least four years ago
Napkins - World Market
Green goblets - Williamsburg by Reed and Barton Winter's Garland
Clear wine glasses - Crate and Barrel
Bud vases - Crate and Barrel
Tea light holders - Walmart
Napkin rings - Pottery Barn
Miniature Salt and Pepper Shakers - Crate and Barrel, a long, long time ago

I am participating in Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch. Please go for a visit. You will be inspired with many wonderful ideas! Click http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2010/06/welcome-to-93rd-tablescape-thursday.html to visit.

19 comments:

The Style Sisters said...

Love the colors!! FAbulous ideas. Come and enter my Centerpiece Wednesday and show these ideas.

Karin

Samantha said...

How beautiful! I love the color of the flowers and how they match the napkins.

All The Pretty Dishes said...

What fabulous colors. The table looks great!

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

What a beautiful table, I love the contrast of your table linen, napkins, the green goblets and your flowers! Just perfect!
Hug,
Kim

Reds said...

That is one beautiful table!! Love the colors!!

Denita said...

Such beauty! Love the butter shot!

Tricia said...

What a beautiful table! I love the unusual colors, and you did a wonderful job of letting the flowers dictate the rest of the setting. What great napkins!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

This was a fantastically beautiful table!!

The colors are so strikingly gorgeous!!

Well done!!

Debbie

Unknown said...

i am so in love with this.. purple and green.. I love the napkins where did you find them... I love the butter idea.. How clever....
It was so fun to do this meme for the first time.. my tablescape is not good but hey it's my first...
http://nf1andpre-kwhisper.blogspot.com

ellen b. said...

Oh I love this table. That color combination is one of my favorites and you really put it together so nicely. The flowers look great on the sill too!

Marigene said...

The colors are so beautiful together...purple and green on a robin's egg blue...stunning.

The Charm of Home said...

Those colors just pop! I love them. I would not have thought of putting that on a light blue tablecloth but it looks fabulous! What a delightful row of flowers in your window too!
Come by my blog and win a $50 CSN gift certificate.
Sherry

Bob Cheney said...

Speaking as one of Maria's guests not only was everything beautiful but it was delicious! Thank you Maria.

Nicki said...

Beautiful table setting and I must have missed out on the butter battles - but must say Mister Robert has very nice penmanship. :)

Bill said...

What a wonderful table! Everything really pops in a fresh, inviting way. Nicely done!

xinex said...

Your table is very pretty The colors are suberb, love the fuschia with the green....Christine

Miss Merry said...

So pretty - I love the window sill of matching flowers. Green and purple are so complimentary!

Holly Lefevre said...

This is beautiful. I love your choice of colors and those flowers are stunning.
Holly
504 Main

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

this table is beautiful, I love the colors, they're so refreshing. What a great idea to write the name of the guests that gets there first. I'll have to go back and read your older posts to see how that tradition started.