Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Closet Revival

O.K. This is a work in progress so you'll need to use your imagination. This is one of the two closets found in the room which Lee and I share as an office on the 2nd floor of our home. This weekend, we took down the old shelf and rods and replaced them with vinyl-clad shelves.

This has now become . . . my photo closet!!!!! Yay! Up until now, I've been storing photos in the basement. Yes, two floors down from the room in which I blog and photoshop, not to mention that the humidity wasn't good for the photos. But we never seemed to get around to tackling the office - until this past weekend, when all of a sudden I couldn't stand the mess any longer. No more photos waiting for a trip to the basement to be put away in its proper box! No more albums piled on the floor for lack of a proper storage place! And no more cobwebs or dust bunnies building up around the stacks of photo albums and boxes!

The door of the closet will go back up this weekend, after I finish bringing up all the albums. We haven't painted the closet yet, or the room for that matter. There are still several additional "improvements" that I'd like to see before we paint (sorry, darling, brace yourself!).
Lee did tackle one more project in this room this past weekend but it's not quite finished yet. I'll let you know soon . . .

3 comments:

John C. said...

nice

Barb said...

It looks nice and organized.

Angela2932 said...

We must be on a very similiar wavelength these days! I've been reading a book called "Photo Freedom," and implementing its system of photo organization. It's complicated, but involves photo albums, a 4-drawer file system, "cold storage" boxes, and scrapbook albums! It's not going to look as pretty, when I'm done, as your system, but it's completely changing how I organize and scrap photos!