Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter woes

It was snowing this morning when I woke up. It was snowing when I got out of the shower. It was snowing after I finished blow drying my hair. It was snowing when I got dressed and ready to go to work. I wimped out. I just couldn't face the commute to work with this lousy weather. I took a flex day instead, then spent a good part of the day answering e-mails. This is not good. Why does it seem to get harder and harder to accept these winters?

Then, to asuage my guilt, I decided to be productive and put away all the Christmas decorations, which were still strewn all over the house.

Here's the view from our Living Room window. Now that the Christmas tree is gone, I can go back to sitting by my chair in the mornings while I eat my oatmeal. It's a very pretty view, as long as I don't have to go outside.

Our snow covered back yard . . .
 
Christmas is over. Where are my helpers?
 


The candy canes are off the tree, and no one wants to eat them. I guess I'll take them to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Barb said...

My daughter was telling me how bad it was up there but these are the first pictures I have seen from the Chicago area. Bundle up when you go out and be careful not to fall on the ice. You all have my sympathy.

Angela2932 said...

What a winter! At least the snow is pretty. Those are very pretty bookshelves, Maria!