Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Three Kings Day


The Three Kings Day is also known as Epiphany.  Epiphany is a Greek word which means “appearance.”  The Catholic Church celebrates Epiphany as the first appearance of Christ to the Gentiles. According to Webster's Dictionary, epiphany also means "an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking."

The light of Epiphany is as bright as the star that guided the Magi to the baby Jesus.  When we see it, it is so awesome!  I pray for a year of epiphanies.  May they teach me, and humble me, and guide me through the complicated labyrinth of life.

2 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Wonderful journaling with this, Maria. In the photograph, I also really like your side lighting and the way the shadows fall.

Unknown said...

Great Photo I also read your 10th day of Christmas post. I never thought about giving a gift from the wise men on Epophany. What a great idea. also thanks for moving my post on 2peas.