Monday, December 14, 2020

Mississippi Pot Roast

 Another Instant Pot wonder.  You have just simply got to try this!  So easy!  So good!


Recipe:

1 3-4 lb. boneless pot roast (if the roast is 4½ lbs. I won't tell)
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, cold from the refrigerator (optional)
1 package au jus gravy mix
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup beef broth
4-6 (or more) Pepperoncini peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
  1. Place rack on the bottom of a 6-quart Instant Pot.  Place roast on top of the rack
  2. Sprinkle packets of au just and dry ranch dressing on top
  3. Place stick on butter on top
  4. Scatter Pepperoncini peppers on top
  5. Pour the broth around the sides of the meat so the seasoning mixes stay on top
  6. Seal pot, set to pressure cook for 55 minutes, then let the pressure release naturally
  7. Remove roast from the pot, and shred beef with two forks
  8. Strain the juices and serve on the side, or make your favorite gravy
  9. Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, or in sandwiches
NOTES:  1) The traditional recipe calls for a stick of butter, but I've found that there's enough fat in the roast to have that great feel in the mouth.  I don't think you need it, but, of course, it does add a great buttery taste.  2) If you decide to make the gravy, try arrowroot as a thickener instead of corn starch or flour.  I've been using it lately and have found it to be more neutral tasting.

Please make this one!

2 comments:

Alycia Nichols said...

Girrrrrrrrrllllllllllll...I got hip to Mississippi Pot Roast using my Crockpot a couple of years ago, and I think it is one of my favorite meals!!!! The flavor is so unique and rich and WONDERFUL!!! I also do it with chicken and pork. Equally fabulous! Yours looks like a little piece of art!!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Oh goodness, you read my mind preciosa amiga !
I wanted this recipe for so long, but I'm happy it comes from you and it looks great !
I will make this for this holiday, as hubby and I will be spending alone, the girls are far away, but we had an early Xmas, just as well.
Thank you for sharing. Te quiero mucho.
Merry Christmas and many blessings,
Fabby