Friday, December 25, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas . . . begun.

On the first day of Christmas (1999) my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree . . . or at least it was hand-painted on a Limoges porcelain snuff box . . .


Here are some Christmas day pictures . . . Christmas pajamas . . .

Drinking morning coffee by a toasty fire . . .

David's new exercise ball . . . John's dirty socks . . . Ah . . . the children are home . . .

Goblets drying and a brand new, flamboyantly red teapot, a Christmas present from John and David, has found its home on the stove top.


It's been a lovely but quiet Christmas. We've been given time to truly enjoy each other, to nap by the fire, and, at least for me, to pray. I've prayed for our loved ones, spread out all over the United States, may they be healthy and safe, and have found joy in their celebrations today. I've prayed for our soldiers, so very far from home, that they be safe and able to return to their families soon. I've said so many prayers . . . but Lord, if you hear only one, then grant us peace . . . peace . . .

No comments: