Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

The table is set for "A Woodland Christmas"
The centerpiece consisted of an 8-inch birch pillar candle, placed in a bed of Christmas evergreens and included holly, pinecones, gold Baby's Breath, winterberries, and Star of Bethlehem flowers.
The tablecloth's basketweave texture added another rustic element, and the gold napkins provided contrast . . . and a comfy bed for the chocolate reindeer.


A fishy appetizer - Shrimp Cocktail on shot glasses . . .
My parents were with us in spirit, and represented by their 25th anniversary goblets. It seemed fitting that we use them on the year when we celebrated our own silver anniversary. Here's the whole gang . . .
My sister-in-law, Kathy, my nephew, Kevin, and my brother, Al.
And here are my husband, Lee (I wonder what he's looking at), my son, David, my nephew, Colin and my son, John.
For dessert: Chocolate pudding topped with a hazelnut cookie star, Sweet and Salty Almond Bark, Hazelnut Star sandwich cookies filled with apricot and raspberry preserves, and apple pie!
The little favor boxes contained pewter Christmas ornaments from the Plow and Hearth catalogue. For every ornament sold, Plow and Hearth donates a tree to the National Forest Foundation. The owl, moose and hedgehog belong to Lee, John and David, respectively. A little gift, that hopefully will keep on giving . . .

Merry Christmas to all! Now I've got to go put out some cookies for Santa . . .

2 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Merry Christmas to you Maria and to your whole family! What a beautiful table setting! The center piece is so elegant! The ornaments look like little treasures! And then, there's the food! What an absolute feast! I hope you have a very enjoyable day tomorrow (today!), and get to bask in the joy of family surrounding you!

Barb said...

Merry Christmas everyone. Nice photos of everyone.