Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Frog Prince Is Having a Tea Party

You may recall an earlier Tea with the Prince, in which I introduced you to His Royal Highness.  Well, it seems like he's done it again.  He's hosting yet another tea party!  I'm beginning to find that the Prince is a bit of a troublemaker, and when he and his friends get together, there are some interesting goings on in the court.


This time, not only has he brought his usual entourage . . .


But he's also invited some new guests, including Prince Cornelius, the Chameleon, from the nearby Pond Kingdom of Williams-Sonoma . . .


Prince Cornelius has been a worry from the very beginning.  Out of 8 napkins, only one had his image.  I wonder if he was getting rid of the competition.  And now, I'm not sure I've enough cucumber sandwiches on hand to satisfy his appetite.  He seems to be eyeing the guests suspiciously . . .


Some of the guests seem to have decked themselves out in all their finery . . .


Miss Bee is standing scandalously close to that frog - and with no chaperone in sight!  Fly, Miss Bee!  Do not stay too close to that ne'er-do-well!


Everyone is anxious for a spot of tea, and they are staying very close to my new Botanical Porcelain Duo Teapot and Cup, a gift from my husband on our recent anniversary . . .


They hope I may be serving my preferred Oolong tea, but I'm not sure if caffeine is the thing to have this crowd imbibing.  Perhaps a nice, soothing cup of chamomile would be best.


Uh-oh!  Prince Cornelius is getting ready to pounce!


Here, Your Highness, have some of my Cucumber Sandwiches!  I have plenty, and when you are done, I'll read you a story . . .


Once upon a time . . .

No comments: