Monday, December 7, 2009

St. Nicholas Day Pajamas

Every year, St. Nick stops by on December 6th, leaves pajamas for the boys and some candy, and picks up their Christmas wish list.

This year, St. Nick (me) was up at 4:00 a.m. to lay David's pajamas by his bedroom door, when David, simultaneously, started heading towards our bedroom to let us know that the intercom key on our phone was stuck and he could hear our conversation.

We ran into each other in the pitch dark hallway, not expecting anyone else to be up and about at this hour . . . and scared the wits out of each other! The pajamas and candy went flying out of my hands. We were both so startled! Then we laughed and I handed him his present.

I went back to bed, now wide awake, wondering how long the intercom button in our room had been stuck . . . The possibilities are a bit unnerving . . . I mean, had we been snoring . . . ?

1 comment:

Bob Cheney said...

That is very humerous. Thanks for the call tonight.