Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quest for the Perfect Peach Cobbler

Peaches have been wonderful this year in Illinois, sweet and plentiful, and I'm determined to finally learn how to make the perfect peach cobbler.

The one I made today was Paula Dean's recipe. It was easy to make and tasted terrific, but Lee would have liked a crumblier texture, more like a pie. Alas, we'll just have to suffer through this disappointment . . .

My husband hovered while I took photos of the finished product, and the moment I put down the camera, he absconded with the prop! The picture below is out of focus, but this thief couldn't wait to eat his prize.
The cobbler quest continues . . .

3 comments:

Barb said...

Looks and sounds good! I love Paula Dean. When I want to get inspired about what to cook I watch her.

My goodness, Lee and Bob are looking more like each other as they age.

Anonymous said...

Poor Lee,he always gets blamed for everything.He probably just found the cup on the table and you made him take a picture with it.!!!! :)

Maria said...

O.K. Mr. Anonymous: Identify yourself! Are you the one that raided the refrigerator in the middle of the night?