Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Housewarming Basket

We put together this basket for my nephew Scotty and his wife, Jackie. These newlyweds just bought their first house and have wasted no time in turning it into a charming home.


The inspiration for the basket came from that old classic movie "It's a Wonderful Life." The basket consists of:
  • Bread (That this house may never know hunger)
  • Salt (That life may always have flavor)
  • Wine (That joy and prosperity reign forever)
  • A 60th Anniversary DVD of "It's a Wonderful Life"
  • A dish towel (just because)
  • A framed plaque displaying the blessing


And here I add my own prayer: May your home always be filled with love and laughter. God bless!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Nice gift with a romantic flare.

Anonymous said...

Your blessing is being proudly displayed.

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite gifts. The blessing is hanging in my kitchen : )

Jackie