Wednesday, December 25, 2019

A Buffalo Plaid Christmas Eve

 I'm usually behind several years on any given trend, but this year I was determined to be on fleek . . . oh, wait, I think being on fleek is now passé . . . (sigh!)

While not a traditional tartan, and sometimes a bit more country than my usual style, the black and white buffalo plaid intrigues me, and worked perfectly with all my new Christmas goodies . . .


Like the new "Good Food  Good Friends  Good Company" chargers from Pottery Barn, and the new Woodland Berry Salad Plates from Williams-Sonoma.


These white linen napkins from Williams-Sonoma have seen many a dinner party, and they still look fantastic.  They have now acquired a vintage feel, which makes them even more appealing to me.


The berries napkin rings also came from Pottery Barn, and I used my Jefferson Flatware from Reed & Barton for Monticello.


I've had the glasses for several years now.  I found them at HomeGoods.


Fannie May Candies are a venerable Chicago company, and this year they were celebrating their 100th anniversary.  The tin box features the iconic Chicago "L" and held caramels.  Each guest got to take their own tin home.  


This year, I dressed the chandelier very simply with the red linen shades.


Evergreens, and woodland elements are my favorite way to decorate for Christmas . . .


This year, with the added black and white Buffalo Plaid . . .


I got a lot of practice this year making bows, which is not my favorite activity, but they turned out okay.



Buffalo Plaid pillows were added to the traditional tartan and plaid mix that we've had for several years now.  


The darling, little pillow from Pottery Barn is also new.  The pom-poms are made from different kinds of plaids.  Plaid and Christmas go together like bunnies and Easter.


If you're gonna play with Buffalo Plaid, you're gonna need a truck.  That's what my friends tell me.


My first born, and happiest Christmas gift.  He came from Virginia to spend it with us!


A charcuterie board that went rogue and exploded all over the table!  Antipasti, charcuterie boards, entremés . . . these appetizers have always been around, but seem to be enjoying a rising popularity.


Teardrop pickled peppers . . .


Pistachio nuts . . .


Marinated mozzarella . . .


An assortment of crackers and crisps . . .


A homemade cookie and candy platter . . .


Spice cake . . .


Flan . . .


The family.  May your day be merry and bright.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Maria, I love your tablescape! The WS winterberry plates are divine and look awesome with your buffalo check table runner. Also love love love the PB charger plates - have loved them for years. And the food sounds delicious. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas Eve. Take care.