Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tea Bread Tuesday: Corn Muffins

I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone this week: Bake some muffins for Tea Bread Tuesday and find a new recipe for corn bread or muffins, since this constitutes one of the essential components of our Thanksgiving dinner, and . . . er . . . that's coming up soon! Yikes! The recipe came from Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa, and they were pretty good, but they were not the super moist wonders that I was expecting and my kids are corn muffin snobs. The search must go on . . .

Here's the link for the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/corn-muffins-recipe/index.html

6 comments:

Yolanda said...

Well, they look yummy. I hate it when a recipe doesn't live up to your expectations.

Reds said...

Never tried corn muffins... guess I won't try that recipe!! LOL!

Nicki said...

My kids love corn muffins - but they do have to be moist - so I cheat and use box mixes. I'm bad, I know! :)
I so enjoy watching The Barefoot Contessa - but I can never figure out the whole husband/friends/random guests for dinner/brunch thing. And does she cook barefoot? I could see her cooking barefoot - which is okay. I've been known to cook barefoot.
Oh, by-the-way, the muffins look good, but I'm with the kids - gotta be moist, otherwise, just give them a cardboard box to chew on.

Margaret said...

I love corn muffins, but I'm with your kids. I like them really moist, too. They do look yummy in the photo!

Anonymous said...

I hate trying a recipe you think will be scrumptious and having it be just ok. They look delicious though!

Angela2932 said...

Darn! I was hoping you'd say they were moist! I'm starting to work on my Thanksgiving menu, and have not yet settled on a favorite biscuits or rolls recipe. Keep us posted on the research!