Monday, November 1, 2010

Pasta with Pesto . . . and Peas . . .

Here's a great middle-of-the-week-and-no-time-to-cook recipe:

1 lb. of your favorite pasta (I used Barilla Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti)
1 jar pesto
1 package frozen peas, heated following the package directions
Romano or Parmesan cheese to taste

Boil pasta in salted water until it's cooked "al dente" and drain. Mix in the jar of pesto. Mix in peas. Sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese. Voilà!

Nutritious, delicious and easy to prepare! I love this dish!

5 comments:

Barb said...

It looks very good but it also looks like a nice dish to prepare when you are in a hurry and pressed for time.

Nicki said...

Sounds good - looks a little blue. I always like pasta for 'quick and easy' - but while I LOVE peas - the rest of the family, not so much. I might have to make a single serving of this for me some time. Yummo!

pat said...

Oooh, be still my heart (and salivary glands!) This sounds delicious--pasta and peas, two of my favorite carbs!!!

Krystle said...

Mmmm that sounds tasty. Bonus points for quick! Thanks for sharing.

Cathi Green said...

Sounds yummy! Might have to give this a try later this week!