Saturday, March 17, 2018

St. Patrick's Day 2018

One of my favorite St. Patrick's Day dinners, which took place in 2016, and I never posted the table!


I love this flower combination for St. Patrick's Day:  Bells of Ireland, Daisies, Carnations, and Chrysanthemums.
 

I found these cabbage rose napkin rings and the brown gingham napkins at Pier 1.  Those napkin rings make me think of vegetable gardens, like Mr. McGregor's, of Peter Rabbit fame, which then, lead me to ponder that they might work beautifully in a Spring or Easter table!  I can already tell I will be enjoying these rings for many years to come, in a variety of settings.


All set for a corned beef and cabbage dinner - a traditional American way to celebrate St. Patrick's!  What do you cook for St. Patrick's Day?


"If you lived on cabbage, you would not be obliged to flatter the powerful."  To which the courtier replied, "If you flattered the powerful, you would not be obliged to live upon cabbage."  
Diogenes, ancient Greek philosopher's advise to a young courtier

(But I do like cabbage!)


The perfect excuse to indulge in some Kerrygold Irish butter.  Everyone gets their own butter dish, to go with the Irish Soda Bread!  I'm so glad that sanity has returned and butter is once again back on our tables!


And here is the happy bunch, a gathering of English, German, Italian, Mexican and Cuban ancestry, to celebrate St. Pat's!  Erin go Bragh!


3 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...


Oh my goodness dear Maria, to see you around with such an amazing St. Pat's tablescape and with the United Nations, how wonderful !
Felicidades querida amiga.
Bendiciones.
Fabby

Anonymous said...

How nice to see your post! I've missed seeing your lovely settings.

Entertaining Women said...

Maria, you've created such a sophisticated St. Patrick's Day Celebration. The new napkin rings are perfect for the occasion, and they work beautifully with the Bells of Ireland. Thanks for stopping by to visit. I'm slowly jumping back into Blogworld...at least dipping my toes in the waters. I hope that you'll visit and explore more often. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay