Sunday, May 3, 2015

Work Life Balance: It's mostly work for now

I have gotten a promotion at work, and have moved to a new role and a new location within the company. Here I am, with both, my old and new bosses, and all our spouses, celebrating the new journey!  The moment is bittersweet, I'm going to miss my wonderful old boss . . .


My new official photo for the announcement . . .


I've also decided to go back and finish my Master's degree . . .  It's going to take me a long while, since I'll be going to school part-time only.  I'll probably be ready for retirement by the time I finish . . .

I was also selected to participate in this year's leadership development program for high-potential employees. The company is sending me to Atlanta in a couple of weeks for the kick-off.  

It's all work work work for the next while, but I'm very excited.  The head of my new department is a true leader, with a huge vision, and unimpeachable integrity, and my new direct boss is bringing a lot of ideas and energy to our team.  It's going to be a fabulous ride!

After becoming an empty nester, I'm finally catching my second wind!  Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Many congratulations. Best wishes with the return to school.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow Maria, how new and exciting your life has become and as always with a'little' bitter sweet because of your old job and boss; but life is very much a surprise day to day; sometimes with lots of happiness, as in your case.
Wishing you a lot of luck and many blessings from our dear Jesus.
Felicitaciones y abrazos amiga linda.
FABBY

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Maria, CONGRATULATIONS!! It's so nice that you work for a company that recognizes and rewards a smart and effective person! I hope you tell us more about your new duties and your trip to Atlanta. Have fun there. Your new official portrait is beautiful. Linda

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh my, congratulations on your achievements! Wishing you all the best on new beginnings and continued success! I like your cute picture :) Hugs, Poppy

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Maria! How is the new position going? I hope you are well. Linda