Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Classic Thanksgiving

I stuck to the classics with paisley in the linens . . . 


Plaid in the ribbons . . . 


Hobnail mercury glass votives . . . 


The Fiddle and Thread pattern in the Mikasa French Countryside dishes . . . 



And the Monticello flatware from Reed and Barton . . . ?


Copper seems to be showing up everywhere lately . . . so I decided to play with it . . .


It appears in the napkin rings, the votive holders and the centerpiece . . .  The good ol' rule of three!


The color palette is kept traditional with various shades of orange, rust and green . . .


But the linen pattern feels young and fresh . . .  I liked the counterpoint of young and fresh with classic and traditional . . .


We lit the candles . . .


And we broke bread . . .  Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Maria! I agree with you about the loveliness and freshness of mixing classic and contemporary. That is definitely one of the growing trends now, and it just works so nice!

I've been seeing copper pop up around the decorating sites, too, and I'm ready to put my 2 cents in on it. I have some nice coppery colored pieces that I'd love to use, but it will have to wait until after Christmas. I am SO tired of decorating right now!!!!!!!!

I hope you had a beautiful and restful Thanksgiving!