Monday, December 9, 2013

Black Friday

Oh, sure, some folks went shopping . . . but some of us relaxed with good friends and comfort food . . .


There was already a pretty centerpiece ready to be used again . . .


And this time, the table is set in calming neutrals.  Pretty soon, we will be surrounded by Christmas colors!


I love that hour before a party starts, and the table is set . . .


The sun is setting and its rays are streaming through the windows.  It's such a lovely sight!


Won't you join me for an apéritif before the guests arrive?

Featuring:

Dinnerware - Traditions by Williams-Sonoma (my every day dinnerware)
Flatware - Treble Clef by Gourmet Settings
Glassware - The Dollar Tree
Wheelbarrow Cellars (used here for red pepper flakes) - Pottery Barn (several years ago)
Linens - Pottery Barn Classic Linen in Flax
Mini Salt & Pepper Shakers - Crate and Barrel eons ago
Tall candlesticks - Marshall Field's (wedding present 30 years ago)
Short candlesticks - The Dollar Tree

3 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

The table looks so beautiful! Yes, like you, I love that time before guests arrive. I love decorating the table.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Maria, Yes, I love the quiet time right before guests arrive, as long as all is ready! Your table is so peaceful and beautiful. I see your family likes "hot" too with the red pepper flakes. I find all kinds of uses for that little wheelbarrow too! Linda
p.s. I served some beets for Thanksgiving and thought of you :)

Alycia Nichols said...

This is TOTALLY the way to spend Black Friday...or ANY day for that matter!!! I am not very good about getting out there in all of that hoopla. This would totally be more my speed. It's beautiful and VERY peaceful!!! I love the pine cones in the floral arrangement!!!