Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cameras, Craziness, Scissors, Eiffel Tower . . .

“I can't find my camera,” I said to the room at large.  I use a small point-and-shoot camera, so it's very easy to misplace (not that I had ever lost it before, mind you, but I'm just saying, in theory, it would be very easy to misplace it).  I love this little camera.  It has seen me through two high school graduations and countless vacations.  I'm attached to my little friend.

We looked everywhere throughout the weekend and at work on Monday.  Nothing.  The camera had simply vanished . . .

Then my older son came home from Colorado, where he was attending a conference, and promptly confessed that he borrowed my camera because he didn't feel like hauling his fancy-schmancy Nikon camera all over the place!  And, by the way, he had taken it from my desk, so the camera wasn't out gallivanting some place where it didn't belong!!!  Arghhh!!!!!!!  I didn't know whether to cry for joy or to yell in frustration!

This is an outrage!  This is abuse of a middle-aged woman!  This is gaslight!  My family is conspiring to drive me crazy!!!!!

Well, my son has now been properly chastised.  Borrowing is O.K., not letting Mom know . . . BAD!

And what did I want to photograph that started the search to begin with?


This darling embroidery scissors, brought back to me from Paris as a souvenir by a dear friend!  She had seen my stork embroidery scissors shown here and thought I might like these.  Might?  I adore them!!!  They are made by Sajou, the famous French scissors manufacturers.  It's made to resemble the Eiffel Tower and even comes with a tassel and an Eiffel Tower charm.  Is this souvenir over the top, or what???  Vive la France!!!  And thank you, thank you, thank you, Sue!  I guess this is the beginning of a beautiful collection . . .

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh gosh, I had so many moments of déjà vu reading this. I have concluded that no matter how much I think a new spot is the "perfect" location to place an item - due to years of having to be the only one in the house who knows where anything is, or has the capacity to look for items not in direct line of view - I am better off keeping it in its original location.

. . . and those scissors are divine.

Reds said...

Urgh! I hate when I search for something and I can't remember where I put it!! Glad you "found" it! And love those little scissors!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Oh he would be in such trouble in my house!!!! This is always a hot topic here. It's ok to borrow but 1. Tell me and 2. Put it back. So far we are making progress on the first rule but have a long way to go on #2! Actually I don't blame your son. I have the fancy schmancy Nikon too but I just asked my hubby to find me a cute little pocket sized camera for my next present. Maybe our anniversary. Oh so sad when you stop asking for jewelry. At least it's not a vacuum or toaster. And speaking of gifts those scissors are great! I have the stork ones too, but those are unique and it was so thoughtful of your friend. There's a Paris blog party going on and I'm sure all the Paris loving gals would like to see those! Have a wonderful weekend. Linda

Kelly said...

Even my DH knows you don't touch my cameras LOL.. Glad you at least located it. Maybe he needs his own P/S LOL

Kelly
Mytimepassages.com

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You crack me up Maria..jijiji...Yeah, I'm the only one who knows where things are in the house..even my daughters call me up and start asking where their school things from 15 years ago are!! Glad you found the cute acissors. Thank you lovely lady for your, "DULCES Y CARIÑOSOS SALUDOS A NOSOTRAS".
Luv ya,
FABBY

Im Spiegel said...

hello maria, love the scissors, love your blog, i follow now. greetings from germany!