Monday, January 9, 2012

No words . . .

I woke up my son this morning to kiss him good bye.  Christmas break is over and he was going to drive back to school today.

I came home tonight, after a long day at work and found this waiting for me at the kitchen table . . .


“To Mom,  A little bit of color to fight the grey.  Happy birthday!  Love, John”

John gave me the pretty pitcher for Christmas.  Today he filled it with flowers because he was leaving and wouldn't be able to be here for my birthday, and because he knows that winters are very tough for me.

I read the note and burst into tears.  Then I spied my husband texting John:  “She cried.”  I guess they had a bet going.

My heart is so full.  Sometimes, there just aren't any words . . .

10 comments:

Denise at Forest Manor said...

That was SUCH a sweet, thoughtful gesture, Maria. I would have burst into tears, too. My son always gives me birthday cards that make me cry. Maybe we raised some pretty good guys, huh?

Happy Birthday to you!

XO,

Denise

theromanticrose said...

Che gentile pensiero commovente!baci,Rosetta

Southhamsdarling said...

What a beautiful gesture on the part of your son. I am now sat here with tears in my eyes. It really is the little things that can mean so much, isn't it?! Now I shall go and get a tissue! Loved it that dad was texting John!! That was a lovely pitcher and he has now filled it with beautiful flowers for you. You obviously have a very caring son.

Reds said...

Awwwww - so so sweet!! You have a wonderful son!!

Barb said...

That sounds just like something John would do. How wonderful when our loved ones show gestures of love.

Admin said...

How sweet..sounds like you have done a great job raising a sweet thoughtful son.

Nicki said...

we love our kids, and they love us back - but on those unexpected occasions when they show just how much - well, those moments need no words. Gold star for John (betting aside!)

Lauren Hartman said...

Oh my goodness. How sweet is that?!?

Anonymous said...

:)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a sweet son, you did a good job raising him dear Maria. God bless your son. Thank you for the visit and lovely comment on the roses.
Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY