Twenty-one days of wallowing in my yearly winter depression that has me walking around in a fog, barely going through the motions. I go to work, I do some things around the house (not many). Somehow, enough laundry gets done to get by . . . And yet, as I reflect on the last twenty-one days, a lot of stuff has happened . . . I know I was there . . . sort of . . . Here are some of them:
- I ran out of Vitamin D . . .
- I caught a cold, my first one in five years . . .
- I was Confirmation sponsor for my niece Joyce . . .
- My son, John, celebrated his 22nd birthday . . .
- I finally ordered Vitamin D online . . .
- I booked our family vacation to Cabo San Lucas . . .
- I had a new diagnostic mammogram, and it shows that a lump I've had under my breast for the last two years, is gone . . .
- Lee started a new remodeling project: He's scraping the popcorn plaster off our bedroom ceiling and smoothing it out with joint compound, a necessary precursor to painting the room . . .
- My Vitamin D arrived . . .
- John is home on Spring Break . . .
Here are a couple of photos of Joyce's Confirmation. She chose "Lillian," her grandmother's name, as her confirmation name - a touching gesture and a beautiful name . . .
It upsets me so much, this wallowing. So many good things are happening to me, and, all I want to do is sleep! Today, I had a good day. The temperature was in the 40s, and the sun came out . . . The cardinals are back and we've heard them in the morning by our bedroom window . . . John is home, with his usual boundless enthusiasm, drawing us into his projects . . . I had the energy to cook and bake this weekend . . . I'm over the hump, I think, but I just ran out of Omega 3 capsules . . .