Monday, December 20, 2010

The beauty of Christmas ain't always purty . . .

Please pardon my attire.  I did not realize when I came down early to wrap presents that I would be posing for pictures . . .  Oops, my head was partially cut off . . . It's just as well, I still had bed hair . . .


Note to self:  Don't ever buy silver wrapping paper again!  My family thought I was insane for trying to use hot glue to seal these packages . . .  They were right!  I made the mistake of buying this silver wrapping paper and I hated how the Scotch tape strips showed.  I tried three different kinds of tape, a satin, a matte, and another one labeled "Gift Wrap Tape" but none of them worked all that well . . . 


Second note to self:  Do not attempt to use the glue gun right after getting a manicure!  The hot glue was a bust anyway - there were thin strands of glue that looked like spun sugar flying all over the place and sticking to everything . . . not to mention the glops on the table and the burns . . .


Third note to self:  I can't think of a third one but there ought to be another one, don't you think . . . ?

7 comments:

Nicki said...

Haha! sorry, I'm just glad I'm not the only one that seems to find herself immersed into something after getting a manicure. That, or I have to go to the bathroom before my nails are dry.

I'd go with the tape - no one would mind.

janett said...

Ha, I would have stuck with the tape. But I'm lazy like that! :)

Angela2932 said...

Very cute shots! 3rd note: those who distract with a camera while one wields a glue gun are either very brave, or foolhardy!

Anonymous said...

I think you are brave because I burn myself with the glue gun every single time. I like your embroidered apron :)

Yolanda said...

Cover the tape with a ribbon? I'm too clutzy to try hot glue. Love the music BTW!

pat said...

Three: Pay someone to wrap presents with foil paper. ;-)

Barb said...

I think when you have an idea it's always worth a try. Then you'll know if it is going to work or not.