Saturday, August 28, 2010

“I-really-don't-feel-like-cooking” Pasta Salad

We spent the day running errands and when we got home, it was time for dinner, so I threw together this salad and opened up a bottle of wine.

Not bad for 20 minutes work . . .

The recipe was so easy! Simply toss together:

1 lb. Barilla Whole Grain Medium Shells pasta, cooked, drained and rinsed in cold water
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 can olives cured in olive oil
3 cans Italian-style tuna in olive oil
1 jar non-pareil capers (the tiny ones), drained and rinsed
½ cup finely chopped red onion
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Fresh herbs - today I added tarragon, basil and lemon thyme
Your favorite vinaigrette
Salt and pepper to taste

That's it! Buon appetito!

4 comments:

Anita Diaz said...

Maria this looks so good! My husband loves pasta salads, this I have to try!

Nicki said...

Oh, your 20 minutes of fixins' looks much better than mine. This looks so yummy right now - I was too lazy to go to the store today - so I might have to 'make shift' with a few of the ingredients - but I'm definitely in the mood for pasta salad now.

Barb said...

That looks really good for a quick dinner and it would be nice especially on a hot day.

Angela2932 said...

Yummm! Just printed it out for a dinner tonight!