Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

“I have not spent a day without loving you; I have not spent a night without embracing you; I have not so much as drunk a single cup of tea without cursing the pride and ambition which force me to remain separated from the moving spirit of my life.”
—Napoleon Bonaparte,
excerpted from a letter to Josephine, his wife

Well . . . we know they had their problems, didn't they? Still, these words might seduce any woman, even today . . . especially today when letter writing has all but become extinct. It's hard to envision words like that strung together into a text message; as for Twitter . . . I think this might have gone over the character limit . . .

My very own lover is not so eloquent with words, but age has shown me that love is manifested in many ways. He has seduced me with his innate kindness, his patience, his perseverance, his humor . . . and his love for me. I'm still staggered by that love. I am so lucky that my lover also happens to be my husband of twenty five years . . . Happy Valentine's Day, darling!

4 comments:

Barb said...

LOL. Now I see why you said Lee was getting mushy over your post. Very sweet and nice shot of your flowers.

Denita said...

That is so sweet!

Reds said...

25 years - that is amazing!!

Angela2932 said...

And Lee is so lucky to have you! Happy Valentine's Day!