Monday, March 9, 2009

March is John's month

My son, John, just turned 20 on March 6th. As a treat to myself, I'll feature pictures of John throughout the month of March, from his growing up years, beginning with this one. He was such a little thing, 6 pounds, 9 ounces, born slightly jaundiced, sporting a forceps mark over his right eye. And he just did not sleep. For eighteen months, he never slept once throughout the night, or even 6 straight hours. Now he's in bed by 9:00 P.M. I don't miss the sleep deprivation, but I do miss the simplicity of those days, and the sheer joy of holding such a beautiful child in my arms.

2 comments:

Barb said...

He looks so sweet! Time goes so quickly.

Angela2932 said...

Friends tell me that holding their grandchildren puts you back in this "baby-time" tranquilty!